This 3 hour training course, delivered by QQI Level 6 qualified instructors, is aimed at all personnel who are responsible for Manual Handling tasks in the Workplace. It is designed to ensure that training is received in accordance with the Manual Handling of Loads Regulations 2007 and specific workplace manual handling activities with the overall aim of reducing workplace accidents and injuries associated with these tasks.
The recommended number of participants per course is 10-12.
To provide participants with the information, instruction and training to enable them to competently and safely carry out Manual Handling tasks within their workplace.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Principles of Manual Handling.
- Briefly outline the law guiding Manual Handling
- Have an understanding of the Anatomy of the Spine
- Safely Carry out Manual Handling of Loads in accordance with recognised standards.
- An Introduction to Manual Handling Legislation
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system.
- Mechanism of Injury
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Risk Factors Associated with Manual Handling
- How to handle loads safely.
- Practical exercises in safe handling of loads.
Who Should Attend?
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application Regulations) 2007, it is a requirement that ALL employees attend Manual Handling training.
Assessment & Certification:
Participants will have successfully completed the Manual Handling Course upon completing a quiz and practical manual handling tasks. An Demack Safety Ltd certificate of attendance will be issued to all successful participants, which is valid for three years.