This 1-day course has been designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to HIAB Operations.
To ensure that the participants have a clear understanding of the importance of safety whilst operating HIAB and lorry loaders.
On completion of the course the operators will be able to:
- Understand their roles & responsibilities when operating HIAB Cranes.
- Have a practical knowledge of inspecting, maintaining, maneuvering and operating the HIAB Safely
- Understand hazards associated with the use of the HIAB
- Introduction & Overview
- Accident Prevention
- Duties & Responsibilities of Operators
- Controls & Instruments
- Fault finding, minor adjustments and routine maintenance procedures in accordance with manufacturer’s and employer’s instructions.
- Common Hazards
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Correct Use of PPE
- Maneuvering and operating the HIAB safely and up to an adequate standard
- Hand Signals
- Theory & Practical Assessments
This 1 day course is offered as a practical course which is delivered to a group of 6 operators.
Who Should Attend?
All employees responsible for the operations of HIAB Cranes.
Assessment & Certification
Theoretical quiz and practical exams will be completed by each participant. On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.