This course aims to equip the participants with all the necessary skills and knowledge to safely use and maintain landscaping machinery such as lawn mowers, strimmers, cement mixers, ride on lawnmowers and motorised hedge trimmers etc.
At the end of this course the participants will be in a position to
- Understand hazards associated with the use of landscaping machinery
- Safely Use Landscaping Machinery particular to their working environment
- Safely handle, store and refuel landscaping machinery
The course agenda will be as follows:
- Introduction to course
- Accident Prevention
- Common Hazards
- Control Measures
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safe Systems of Work & General Safety Rules
- Inspection & Maintenance Procedures
- Storage & Housekeeping
- Handling, Storing & Transporting Fuels, Lubricants & Battery Care
- Practical Elements
This course is highly practical and delivered to 10-12 participants over 1 or ½ day depending on the volume of machinery and equipment used.
Who is it for?
This course has been designed for landscaping operatives and community employment participants.
Assessment & Certification
On successful completion of practical skills elements of the course the participants will receive a certificate from Demack which is valid for 3 years.