This 1-day course has been designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to Ride-on Roller operators.
To ensure that the participants have a clear understanding of the importance of safety whilst operating the Ride on Roller both in theory and practice.
On completion of the course the operators will be able to:
- Know the capabilities and limitations of the Ride on Roller and associated attachments
- Have knowledge of rolling techniques, including the principles of compaction
- Know how the machine works and be able to make routine adjustments
- Operate the Ride on Roller Safely and Carry out Routine Inspections.
- Introduction & Overview
- Accident Prevention
- Safe Use & Operation
- Controls & Instruments
- Fault finding, minor adjustments and routine maintenance procedures in accordance with manufacturer’s and employer’s instructions.
- Preparing an area for compaction
- Maneuvering and operating the machine safely and up to an adequate standard
- The use of operating systems and ancillary equipment e.g. vibration, amplitude, frequency and spray bars
- Theory & Practical Assessments
This 1 day course is offered as a practical course which is delivered to a group of 4 operators.
Who Should Attend?
All employees responsible for the operations of ride on rollers.
Assessment & Certification
Theoretical quiz and practical exams will be completed by each participant. On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.