The use of machinery, tools and work equipment has unfortunately seen an increase in accidents within the workplace. All such accidents can be prevented.
Therefore having trained operators for all types of machinery, tools and work equipment is not just a legal requirement but also essential for an effective safety management system.
This 1 day course has been designed to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills to apply the principles of machinery safety whilst at work.
To ensure that the machinery operators can competently and safely utilise their machinery and equipment in accordance with safe practice and current legislation.
- Have a clear understanding of the legal requirements with regards to machinery in the workplace
- Identify behavioural factors which influence the safe use of machinery
- Clearly identify hazards and risks and put in place control measures to eliminate or reduce such risks
- Understand the principles of safe guarding.
- Understand machinery controls and work permits.
The course is delivered to a group of 6 and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Legal Obligations
- Accident Prevention
- Common Hazards
- Control Measures
- Inspection & Maintenance Procedures
- Safe Systems of Work
- General Safety Rules
This course can be tailored to suit particular types of machinery, tools and work equipment.
Who Should Attend?
All operators of machinery, tool and work equipment.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.