This 4 hour course has been designed to provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to the use and mounting of Abrasive Wheels in the workplace.
To ensure that the participants have a clear understanding of the importance of safety whilst mounting and using Abrasive Wheels.
On completion of the course the operators will be able to:
- Understand their roles & responsibilities when mounting and using Abrasive Wheels
- Understand the selection of Abrasive Wheels, how they are mounted and used on different equipment.
- Introduction & Overview
- Accident Prevention
- Common Hazards
- Duties & Responsibilities of Operators
- Examination & Test of Abrasive Wheels
- Handling , Storage & Transportation of Wheels
- Testing & Inspecting
- Wheel Selection
- Rest Adjustments
- Speed of Wheels & Spindles
- Truing & Dressing
- Correct Use of Guards & PPE
- Theory & Practical Assessments
This 4 hour course is offered as a practical course which is delivered to a group of 8-10 operators.
Who Should Attend?
All operators and users of Abrasive Wheels.
Assessment & Certification
Theoretical quiz and practical exams will be completed by each participant. On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.