This programme has been designed to enable community employment participants to safely carry out their duties.
This course introduces the candidate to the many aspects of Health & Safety at Work and is intended to help raise safety standards and awareness in the area of community development work.
To ensure that the participants have a clear understanding of the importance of safety awareness and how to manage safety effectively within the workplace.
- Introductions & Objectives
- Principles of Accident Prevention
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Landscaping Machinery, Tools & Equipment
- Health & Safety Implications in Community Centres
- Health & Safety Implications with the use of spraying equipment, weed killers and paint.
- Work Task Specific Safe Working Procedures
This 1 day course is offered as a highly interactive course which is delivered to a group of 12 participants.
Who Should Attend?
Assessment & Certification
Theoretical quiz and practical exercises will be completed by each participant. On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.