Effective accident and incident investigation is not only a moral and legal duty but also identifies the root causes of the accident and incidents to guard from similar scenarios in the future of the organization.
This 1 day course has been designed to ensure that an in-company team will be in the position to accurately and effectively carry out effective accident and incident investigations.
To enable the delegates to become competent and confident in accident and incident investigation and reporting within their workplace. It will also ensure that they are compliant with Health & Safety Legislation as well as company policies and procedures.
The course objectives are to provide the delegates with an understanding of:
- Accident and incident investigation
- Accident Investigation Procedures
- How to collect, analyse and communicate data
- Strategies to implement organisational learning from safety failure.
The course programme is delivered to a group of 12-15 participants and covers the following topics:
- Accident Investigation Techniques
- Stages of Accident Investigation
- Taking Witness Statements
- Legal Responsibilities for Investigation & Reporting
- Accident Reporting
- Accident & Incident Company Procedures
- Practical Exercises and Case Studies
Who Should Attend?
Managers, Supervisors and Safety Representatives with a particular responsibility for investigation of accidents and incidents.
Assessment & Certification
Delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance on completion of the course which is valid for 3 years.