We are delighted to announce that we have renewed our Forklift accreditation with RTITB. This means we are still one of the only companies nationwide to offer this fully certified Training.
Forklift trucks are known to be one of the most hazardous vehicles in the workplace;
The most common types of incidents involving forklift trucks are:
- Struck by a moving truck
- Struck by a load falling from the truck
- Overturn of the truck
- Fall from a height
- Trapped between the mast and overhead guard
Other less common incidents involve injuries due to fire or explosion due to replenishing the energy source or unsuitability of the lift truck for the environment.
Crush and foot injuries tend to be common injuries suffered by pedestrians. Whilst drivers tend to suffer injuries caused as a result of truck instability, which result in the truck tipping over and crushing the driver.
RTITB is the largest lift truck training accrediting body in the UK and Ireland.
- RTITB approves/accredits the content and delivery of materials handling equipment training courses to ensure their compliance with relevant legislation.
- RTITB validates and certificates materials handling equipment training, through the National Operators Registration Scheme (NORS), a centralised, validation, registration and certification scheme for all RTITB accredited training.
- RTITB develops and supplies materials handling equipment and HGV training materials/visual aids.