This course has been designed to provide the participants with the appropriate knowledge and skills to safely use Safety Harnesses whilst carrying out work at heights.
At the end of this course the participants will be in a position to:
- Select and Inspect Suitable Harnesses
- Identify Hazards and Risks
- Understand their legal requirements
- Practically use the Safety Harness
This ½ day training programme delivered to 8 participants will cover the following topics:
- Accident Causation
- Definition of Fall Arrest Protection
- When to use a Safety Harness
- Legal Requirements, Roles & Responsibilities
- Common Hazards & Risks
- Control Measures
- Standards and Requirements
- Storage, Inspection & Maintenance
- Practical Use & Examples
Who is it for?
All users of Safety Harnesses and employees carrying out work at heights.
Assessment & Certification
On successful completion of the course the participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.