Having trained operators for all the operation and use of lawn mowers and strimmers is not just a legal requirement but also essential for an effective safety management system.
This 1 day course has been designed to provide the participants with the knowledge and skills to apply the principles of machinery safety whilst operating lawnmowers and strimmers.
To ensure that the operators can competently and safely utilise and maintain the lawnmower and strimmer in accordance with safe practice and current legislation.
- Have a clear understanding of the legal requirements
- Clearly identify hazards and risks and put in place control measures to eliminate or reduce such risks
- Understand the principles of safe guarding.
- Understand machinery controls and work permits.
The course is delivered to a group of 6 and covers the following topics:
- Introduction to Legal Obligations
- Accident Prevention
- Common Hazards
- Control Measures
- Inspection & Maintenance Procedures
- Safe Systems of Work
- General Safety Rules
- Refuelling & Battery Care
- Storage & Housekeeping
- Personal Protective Equipment
This course can be tailored to suit particular types of lawnmowers and strimmers.
Who Should Attend?
All operators of lawnmowers and strimmers.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years.