In 2016 there were 7957 non-fatal workplace accidents across Ireland. 19% of all accidents came from the Health and Social Work Sector with Manufacturing coming a close second on 17%.
33% of non-fatal workplace accidents were caused by Manual Handling Issues and not surprisingly the Back was the most injured body part.
45 people lost their lives in workplace accidents in the same year with the highest number coming from the Agricultural, Forestry and Fishery sector.
As an employer you have certain obligations when it comes to your business’s health, safety and welfare procedures.
Do you realise that you have a responsibility to:
- Provide a safe place of work for your employees
- Manage work to ensure the safety, health and welfare of employees
- Prepare a safety statement which is comprehensive but practical together with all relevant risk assessments which cover all activities
- Provide and maintain adequate welfare facilities for employees
- Provide appropriate training and information to all employees
Through our training and advisory services we offer a wide range of solutions to help companies improve their business results through the introduction of integrated health and safety training tailored to your independent requirements. Our team can guide your regulatory and compliance efforts cost and time effectively.
By working with Demack you will:
- SAVE MONEY
- SAVE TIME
- Gain Engagement from everybody in your organisation
Why not get your free evaluation today, simply submit your details on the right and we’ll get in touch shortly.